Sunday, August 8, 2010

Art in the Park

Hello out there in "blog land"! I just got back from a very successful craft show. I often wonder if it is worth the work (not making the cards and projects, because I love that part, but all the packing, loading, unpacking, setting up, repacking, reloading, unpacking at home.... do you get the picture!!) It is exhausting! But then I go and have a very successful day and I think it might be worth it. I actually "out sold" the booths around me this time (I didn't notice, but they both said what a good day I was having, while theirs was just ok.) Unfortunately, you never know what people are going to be looking for, it could have easily been the other way around for me. The best part of any show for me is watching people look at my "stuff". I find it very interesting to see what it is they like (or don't like). And of course, I enjoy the compliments, but mostly I just like to watch them look at everything. Everyone is fascinated with my paperbag albums, they pick them up, study them, but this time, they didn't sell well (where as last month I sold quite a few at a very small show - go figure!) After I was all set up for the show, I moved my car and when I came back, I noticed my tent or booth did not have very good "curb appeal". Those of you who know me, know that's not like me - I am all about presentation and how it looks! I think I need to make some changes. It is hard to see in the pictures. Actually, I think the pictures are even worse than I thought originally! I am not sure what I am going to do differently, but maybe start with my table clothes and layer them. I noticed other booths do that. (You can get the best ideas from other crafters, that is where to get new information - you learn tricks of the trade from people around you - everyone shares where they get things, how to set up, etc. - crafters are very kind people!) My baskets are very "hodge podge", but it is hard to find something to display my cards and projects in and I don't want to have to start all over with that. I am always on the look out for ways to display them. I just can't find anything that looks good with all the different sizes. Plus, the baskets are very hard to travel with. They don't stack very well. Anyone out there in "blog land" with ideas, please let me know. OK, I have babbled on long enough. Time to enjoy my coffee and think about replenishing a few things for next weekend's craft show (a two day show). Did I mention that a craft show consumes a whole week before the show with preparations....! Well, it is a rainy day so off to my studio for some creative time!

No comments:

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...