Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine Treats

Here are the Valentine treats I made for my first graders. I couldn't find craft match boxes so I used match boxes from the grocery store. I emptied the matches (obviously!), and painted the push through drawer part. The outside I decorated with patterned paper. I added a dimensional heart with the student's name on it. Inside, I put a miniature Hershey candy bar. I am going to put these on their desks tomorrow morning for a little treasure box surprise! Of course, I got them some other things like pencils, erasers, etc. Hope they like their little treats! Happy heart day!

2 comments:

Heather Grow said...

Very cute. I'm going to have to pick up a package of grocery store matches now.

Jill said...

These are so cute! What a great and simple idea. Thanks for sharing.

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...