Sunday, January 31, 2010
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 18, 2010
This card was made using a plastic slide embellishment. I found this bag of plastic slides at a stamping convention and thought these would be fun to add to cards. The whole bag was $5.oo. Seemed like a good deal, but they have been sitting on a shelf (just waiting)for the last year and a half. Then I watched some technique videos on alcohol inks and thought maybe they would work on the slides. Here are the results. I used the colors lettuce and stream from Tim Holtz Adirondack alcohol inks. I found these at Joanne Fabrics. The slide on the left if the original color, the slide on the right is after dabbing the inks on. I also did the brown slide, the teal one and the blue one. Check back later this week to see the different cards I made.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I found these cute colorful banana shape candies and thought they would make a cute gift with the "Sock Monkey" set (Stampin' Up). I have some extra monkeys cut out and I might make matching birthday cards or note cards. (Sometimes I have no idea why I make these things - it's not like I was making a gift for a specific reason!) Oh well, I will have a gift when needed. The pink paper I used was a "white core" paper, so when I ran it through a cuddlebug embossing folder for the background and sanded over the embossed image, the white shows through. The orange and yellow is just a printed paper. (I wanted one for a boy and one for a girl).
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
I was playing around with the new Cricut cartridge "Snow Friends". The snowmen are so cute. You can interchange some of their pieces when putting them together (it is sort of like paper dolls!). Unfortunately, when I was making these, I wasn't paying attention to their size. I realized later that they are too big for a standard size card. Not sure what I am going to do with them now, but wanted to show you how easy it was to make them. I guess I could take their hats off and put a shorter one on (but I would still have these hats that I would want to use - I just can't throw them away). Oh well, keep checking back, I will think of something to put them on (maybe a hot cocoa gift, or a note book, or a ..............)!
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I was cleaning a drawer and found a few pieces of glossy white cardstock that I had brayered (a while ago). It seems like I never throw anything away (thinking I could still use these pieces of paper). It sort of looked like water to me, so I stamped this cute fish from Fishy Friends (Stampin' Up). I have made this kind of card before and wanted to change it up a bit, so I used some different color glitters (sort of looks like the rainbow fish). The only problem with this... when it dried, the cardstock curled up. It was very difficult to get it to stay glued down. I had to resort to using a liquid glue called Zip Dry glue. I found the large black paperclips at Target. (I have also seen them at Staples). The background was made with a cuddlebug folder.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
This is a gift I made for my nephew and his wife. They are expecting their first baby, a baby girl (my first grand-neice!) I wanted to give her something to treasure (from her "Auntie"). I found this calendar template on Papertrey Ink. I used the 6x6 Natural Linen album from Stampin' Up. The first page in the album is an introduction and says to put the current month's calendar on the clipboard and keep it close to jot down any important baby firsts. Then add the calendar back to the album and add pictures on the coordinating page.
Sunday, January 3, 2010
This paper was just plain red (distressed) paper. For the snowman card, I stamped snowflakes with white craft ink and used clear embossing powder over it. I then switched to heart stamps for the other card. I like the idea that you can create your own backgrounds with this kind of paper. Here are the finished cards.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Here's an idea I found on Splitcoast Stampers. I thought about making these for my students, but I'm having a hard time finding the small packs of Tic Tacs (and with 31 students, the larger packs were way too expensive). It is a quick idea (once you get the measurement for going around the package, that took me couple tries!) The hat is made with the round tab punch (Stampin' Up) cut in half and then trimmed straight across the bottom. His body is made with the 1 1/4 circle punch. I tied red ribbon around it to keep it closed (and for the scarf). I had this project out at my Stamp-A-Stack and it went over well (I only charged $1 for this project and they could make as many as they wanted - or until I ran out of Tic Tacs!)