I absolutely love this paper! I found this 6x6 paper pack at my local scrapbook store and loved it so much, I went back and got another pack! The flowers are made with the Stampin' Up die Fun Flowers. I brads I used for these flowers are from Stampin' Up. Aren't they gorgeous? As a matter of fact, I used them all up and now need to get more! We did use this die last weekend for my flower class. This die is so versatile. I end up using it all the time to make quick flowers. I will have some more samples using this die with different materials. Thanks for stopping by.
Monday, August 6, 2012
These flowers were another part of my flower class. These flowers were cut from the die Tattered Flowers by Tim Holtz. The brown is just regular felt from Hobby Lobby, the gold is a wool felt, which is more expensive, but cuts a little better.
The felt from these flowers is from PaperTrey Ink and so far is the best I have found! It is also wool felt and cuts beautifully. It has a much cleaner cut than the polyester felt. Be sure to check back soon for some more flower samples from my flower class.
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Finally! I'm back! Actually, I never left, but my blog seemed to. I was able to view my blog, but could not figure out how to post new information. I am not quite sure how I figured it out now, but I will worry about that later. I have been creating and have tons of samples to show, so let's get started. I just got back from a fabulous scrapbook weekend with my friends. They has asked me to teach a few "make n' takes" over the weekend. One of the classes I decided to do was a technique flower class. I wanted to show different ways to used different media to create fun flowers. Over the next few days, I will show you what I did. The first sample today is made from kraft glassine paper by Tim Holtz. The paper comes in 5x7 sheets (small stack of 36). For this sample, I die cut flowers from the Stampin' Up Fun flowers die. I then embossed them with a cuddlebug folder to get the swiss dots (or further below, the swirls). Last I used a cute Stampin' Up brad to attach the flower together. You can use a Stazon ink to ink the edges for a little more of a distressed look.