Sunday, August 5, 2012

Glassine Kraft Paper


Finally!  I'm back!  Actually, I never left, but my blog seemed to.  I was able to view my blog, but could not figure out how to post new information.  I am not quite sure how I figured it out now, but I will worry about that later.  I have been creating and have tons of samples to show, so let's get started.  I just got back from a fabulous scrapbook weekend with my friends.  They has asked me to teach a few "make n' takes" over the weekend.  One of the classes I decided to do was a technique flower class.  I wanted to show different ways to used different media to create fun flowers.  Over the next few days, I will show you what I did.  The first sample today is made from kraft glassine paper by Tim Holtz.  The paper comes in 5x7 sheets (small stack of 36).  For this sample, I die cut flowers from the Stampin' Up Fun flowers die.  I then embossed them with a cuddlebug folder to get the swiss dots (or further below, the swirls).  Last I used a cute Stampin' Up brad to attach the flower together.  You can use a Stazon ink to ink the edges for a little more of a distressed look.
The background for this cards was also embossed with a cuddlebug folder.  It adds an elegant look.  To see more ways to use this paper, check out Tim Holtz's website for some video tutorials.  Look for me in a few days to see the next flower we created at the Fun Flowers Class.

No comments:

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...