Sunday, February 3, 2008

Wedding Binder

Well, this was new to me. I have never made a wedding planner binder before. As a matter of fact, when I went online to get some ideas on how to put this together, I couldn't find anything except books that have been written for wedding planning. I was thinking more along the lines of a book that the bride could keep pictures, cut-outs, receipts, business cards, etc all in one place. Just some form of general organization. I used a white notebook binder with a front and back insert. The color theme is black and white with purple as an accent. I came up with several categories and tabbed them throughout the binder such as budget, guest list, check list, flowers, ect. The categories include lined pages so the bride can shop around and get prices and keep track of this information. I also included photo sleeves under the dresses and cake categories in case the bride had photos or magazine clippings she wanted to keep track of. This way, if she is browsing through bridal magazines, she can cut out pictures and keep them all in one place. I created clear pockets by using acetate sheets and sewing them onto cardstock. This way the bride can slide in invitation samples or program samples and they are visible. I also included several pocket pages with decorative paper clips for business cards or just for extra storage. A few black and white photos, metal charms and ribbon added some more personal touches.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow...this is absolutely gorgeous! Any bride would love receiving this planner as a gift. You definitely put a lot of work into this and it shows.

Anonymous said...

This is too kewl! I don't know how you keep coming up with all of these great ideas!

Anonymous said...

This planner really looks awesome, I really look forward to reading your blog.

Robyn said...

Oh, how pretty! Looks like you worked really hard on this. What a nice thing you have done!

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...