Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cold Cash

Need a quick and easy money card? I whipped up five of these in no time for my dad. Start with a card base of 8 1/2 x 9 1/2. When scoring the card, the dimensions are simple with the score-pal, but a little more difficult when scoring with a fiskars paper cutter. On the score-pal, there are arrows to help guide for making a tri-fold card. On the fiskars the scoring dimensions are 3 5/8 and 7 4/8. I used the circle punch (1 3/8) and punched a half circle in the bottom middle. Fold the bottom up and attach with two small silver brads. The front is decorated by tearing a piece of white cardstock to look like snow (covered with dazzling diamonds). The penguin is from the set Polar Pals (retired Stampin' Up) and the snowflake is from the set Cold Play (retired Stampin' Up). I used dimensional dots to pop out the penguin. (I think that it took me longer to type this up than to make the cards!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love it.

Holly Jones said...

This is too cute! Love the glitter snow.

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...