Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wooden Shapes

 I got these wooden shapes from Close to my Heart.  I wasn't sure what to do with them exactly, but they state "ready to color".  So I tried a few different ways to see what I liked best.  I  used some white crackle paint from Ranger.  After I painted the piece, I used some ink (also from CTMH) to add the color.  That is how I colored the bird and large blue flower.  I then tried sponging on ink (that is the orange flower and green leaves).  The red flower was painted with Glimmer Glam (from Tattered Angels) and the yellow flower was painted with yellow smooch paint.   They all seemed to take the color well, but I think the truest color came from the painted sample.  Below is a picture of the photo album I made using the pieces I colored.  The sentiment is from CTMH.



No comments:

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...