Friday, July 6, 2007

Craft Show Success

Well, the weather was beautiful for the craft show (can you believe it - because they were calling for rain!) As a matter of fact by the afternoon it was sunny and hot! Lots of people! My biggest selling item this time was the birthday calendars. Here is a sample of one of the birthday book calendars. Each book has a different cover. I just made the inside part (the lines) on my computer. The variety pack cards did very well, also. I almost sold out of those (a variety pack is 10 different cards for $10.00). I have seen a lot of forums asking about selling cards (like on Split Coast) like how much to ask for each card, but the key for me is not the money - I love the fact that people like my cards and I just want to share them with others! (Other people selling their cards seem to do it more for the money; like $3.00 up to $5.00 a card). Well, the money is nice, but I just stick it back into stamping!

4 comments:

Lynn Anne said...

LOL! Well, three to five might be 'for the money' - but sounds to me a buck a card would be LOSING money! Boy would I love to run into you at a craft fair! ;)

Heather S. said...

I'm wondering how much you charged for your birthday calendars. I'd love to have one, would you be willing to make one and ship it to me if I paid you? If so let me know how much.

Heather AT Hjstevens DOT com

Jenny said...

These Birthday Books are wonderful! You did a fantastic job, and what a great idea! Love em!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I agree that doing it for fun and having people enjoy and be able to pick up some cards is a thrill in itself. Probably one of the reaons I'll never be that kind of rich$$$ lol But we can be "wealthy" in other ways.

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...