Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! Here is a fun bookmark card idea. I used Stars and Swirls from Stampin' Up, embossed in white for the background. One card I just made slits for the bookmark to slide through. The other card, I attached a piece of vellum paper with eyelets. The bookmark is also embossed in white (I don't know the name of that stamp). These pictures show a some gifts I made for some special friends that helped me out. One friend helped me to move my classroom at the end of the school year (on a very, very hot day!) She is a true friend to come back after school got out just to help me haul all my junk from one classroom to another. The other friend came to a craft show (my first one of the season) to sit with me. She knew if would be difficult for me, since I just lost my mother (and she was always there at my craft shows to help and keep me company). Both of these wonderful friends have sons in the military and I thought these little tokens of my appreciation were a good choice for today. I included in their gifts a set of pocket cards (made with Old Glory from Stampin' Up), a post-it note and a small photo album. I hope this helps show them how much their friendship means to me! Hope your holiday has been safe and relaxing! PS My craft show was a success! More on that tomorrow - J. just made me dinner!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Cute 4th of July cards! I saw you posted on my blog. Thanks for stopping by.

Mary (toao)

Robyn said...

What fun 4th of July cards!! I also love the calendar you made for the craft fair. Maybe I will be brave enough someday to sell my stuff at a craft fair!! That would be fun!

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...