Sunday, July 29, 2007

Elegant Birthdays

I was going for a different look with these cards. It seems that most of my cards are more on the "cute" side, other than elegant. And of course with all the flower sets of stamps I have, I thought I should be able to muster up something more along the this line. The Daisy card is just made from a pattern paper (remember this Stephanie?) found at Joann Fabrics in one of those "grab" bag kits with a little of everything (they are trying to get rid of!). I just loved this sparkle glitter paper. I thought it had enough on it already, so I just added a sentiment and a little ribbon. The other card is made using the set Easy Elegance from Stampin' Up. I thought with a name like that, it should be easy! It was, I just made some simple flowers on this card, along with some Basic Grey cardstock. A little glitter in the flower and middles and again some ribbon.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I LOVE to browse through your blog! You are so creative, and your projects are fun. I have a question about your use of ribbons...What's your best method to adhere sheer ribbon to a card so it doesn't slip off - and so the glue doesn't show thru the sheer ribbon? Thanks for sharing your wonderful blog!

Scrapperbo said...

I also wanted to comment that I love all of the cards that you create. I too have a couple of questions - do you leave the insides of your cards blank? add a square of carstock to write on? or add a sentiment? Also, do you always use a cardstock or heavy patterned paper as the base? TIA and thank you so much for sharing your creativity!

Heather Grow said...

I love the one with the sunflower paper. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I love the card you made with easy elegance...it's lovely!

Create from a Kit

  I'm always on the look out for these kind of cards.  They are so easy to create from.  By using a few tools and supplies from your sta...